Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My time at Homeland

Homeland is a popping and locking competition in Long Beach, CA where I participated in this past weekend. I learned a lot of new things about how I dance and how judges will like certain things or not. More after the break



I've learned that even if the crowd loves you, doesn't mean the judges will so it would be good to know what they're looking for. Usually, they will look for character, utilizing the stage/area, listening to the music, and of course skill. I say I had most of that but I wasn't listening to the music the way I do during practice. I'll have to keep pushing myself to feel the music even deeper than what I know currently.

Oh well, I still had tons of fun esp with my teammates. Here's my locking prelim footage



0 comments: