Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gotta get my thoughts out

Just got back about an hour ago from a social gaming panel Peanut Labs (my co) hosted.
It was amazing! Here's who the panel consisted of if you wanted to know:
- Daniel James, Co-founder and CEO, Three Rings
- Wilson Kriegel, VP of Business Development and Ad Sales, Outspark
- Lisa Marino, Chief Revenue Officer, RockYou
- Mark Rose, Director of Product, Payments and Platform, Playspan
- Eric Eldon, Editor, Inside Social Games
- Jonathan Flesher, VP of Business Development, Zynga

These people are all the big guys and girl in the social gaming enviornment right now.
I especially loved what Wilson Kriegel and Daniel James talked about - how their predictions for 2010 consisted of the next step and evolution of games on facebook and how businesses must adapt and increase their revenue immensely (100-200%) to stay alive and keep the train going. James had some wild predictions like facebook and facebook gaming will peak this year (http://thefloggingwillcontinue.com/) which I have to agree with. All these games popping up virally are crap and developers know it. Whats the next type of game we'll see and let's see how fast the user will chew it up and want the next thing. Craziness i tell you!

Anyways, what was first a panel discussion turned into a networking game where the CEO of my co told me to go and meet some people and watched me the whole time lol. Hesitant at first(gimme a break its been years?) but once it got going, it became natural and tbh pretty exciting. I'm looking forward to working more and networking more at GDC this year. Turns out that we're doing a huge party too. 2010, great year so far










2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad we were able to provide some feedback that made the event worth while. There are a lot of smart people in that room and if we can provide some straight forward, usable comments about the business itself, than I think we've done our jobs aspanelist. Hope it was a successful networking event for your your company. Which company do you work for? Regards, Wilson

Mike Bristol said...

Hey Wilson,

I wanted to thank you personally for speaking at the event. I definitely found the panel a great experience and quite entertaining =) Thanks for the comment, I just started at Peanut Labs, one of the co-hosts for the event.