Wednesday, September 24, 2008

How I met your Mother premiere

This show is ..wait for it...awesome! I finally got to see the first ep of this season and I really liked it. I think the best part of it was when Ted and his fiance were talking about their first somethings and he mentioned first and all time favorite movie was Star Wars and she didn't even see it.


I thought it was funny that I reacted the exact same way as Ted (wtf!?). Even funnier that his buddy was explaining that if she didn't like the movie, that would be bad for their relationship (when he's sad, he watches star wars, when he's sick he watches star wars, when its xmas, he watches star wars, sound familiar? coz it should). So then I look at my list of favorite movies and I think what Lyn likes too:

From my facebook: Star Wars, Matrix, all Pixar Movies except Cars, Batman Begins, Hook, ID4, 40 yr Old Virgin, My Sassy Girl

Lucky me, Lyn owns most of that list minus sassy girl, 40 yr old, and ID4. But, she quotes 40 yr old or at least knows when I'm talking about it. As for the star wars thing, its obviously my fav movie of all time but does she love it? Well, she can recite most of the music, knows some fun facts like George Lucas came up with the idea for AT-STs from Oakland bay bridge area, can quote the movies, went w/ me to see ep3 twice...twice! (one was opening night), went w/ me to see Clone Wars in the theater (despite the bad reviews), thinks my star wars collection is cool, and it is, and has even dressed up as Leia once for halloween.

If I were Ted on the show, I too would be high-fiving my ultra geeky 16 yr old self through the space time continuum. oh yea!


0 comments: