Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I want a new toy



I want this! Its an older Nikon D40, which is a Digital SLR camera. I used to have a straight up manual SLR cam back since high school when I took photography. It became a fun hobby of mine for a while but once I picked up my canon digital camera, I kinda never looked back.



Reason being that with a digital I wouldn't have to ever develop film again which was the most annoying part of taking pictures. My shots were decent enough on my digi cam that I didn't think I would need my old 35mm anymore. Eh, I look back and those shots I took w/ it would still beat out anything I did today with my point and shoot. After seeing all my friends grab dslrs I thought I should at least check out the price of these babies and found the entry level Nikon D40 to be a pretty good choice. I've always had Canons as my point and click but after reading several reviews, I'm kinda falling for the underdog Nikon on this one. The other choice would have to be the Canon Rebel Xsi, which EVERYBODY has.



I guess another reason to pick up the cheaper nikon, which can still take amazing pictures by the way. Its all about the lens, and the photographer down the road. To save moneys I'll probably turn in some rewards card credit. Im using my first paycheck from my new job to pay but saving up for that Condo is killing me.

0 comments: